Those first few weeks when the weather starts to transition to a new season can always be a tricky one…the mornings can have a slight chill in them but the days can still be warm so it can be hard to know what to wear. My advice – don’t come out of your summer clothes too quickly. You want to use layering pieces in order to accommodate the weather, which in certain states of our glorious country can be 4 seasons in one day!
So here are my top tips on how to get the most out of your summer clothes:
- Denim Jacket Have a wardrobe staple like a denim jacket handy…a denim jacket is perfect for popping over just about any outfit. You can wear it over a basic tee or even a pretty floaty dress.
- Basic T-shirts it may be a bit too cool to wear a strappy dress but why not pop a basic white/black tee or singlet underneath. Not only will it keep you warmer but also looks great with a pair of sneakers.
- Wear Shorts with Long Sleeve Tops - Funnily enough I find it is always my shoulders and upper body that gets cold first, so I like to wear a long sleeve linen shirt with the sleeves rolled up with a good old pair of denim shorts. That way you still get to wear your shorts for a bit longer before transitioning to jeans – because lets face it once you are in jeans it can be months before you come back out of them!
- Wear Knits over your Dresses Wear a light weight knit over dresses to turn them into a skirt/top combo. This not only helps keep you warm but also adds a new style combination to your wardrobe and gets more out of your clothes! Fantastic for everyone's budget.
- Lightweight Scarves I love wearing a scarf in autumn. Not only do they add something a bit extra to an outfit but they are also a great layering item.
We hope these little tips help you and would love to hear from you if you try any of the or if you have some more to add to the list!